home members auctions search latest news links AircraftSlides Forum
Log-out 
Welcome to the AircraftSlides.com forum. The forum allows you to share information with other members and site visitors. Whether you want to let other members know you are on holiday, or just want to have a gossip.

Choose the forum to list in and leave your message, it's as simple as that. Remember, you need to be logged with your normal site username and will be prompted to do so if you are not.

Forum Topics > General Site Discussion > Kodak developing > Post a Reply to this Thread
Thread: Kodak developing
A-10 LOADER
12-30-2010 07:41 PM
RE: Kodak developing
The " End of an Era " happened today. The Kodak machines, used to develop Kodachrome slide film, at Dwaynes in Parsons Kansas, developed their LAST ever roll of the iconic film today at noon. Thanks for the memories Kodachrome... RIP 1935 - 2010.
david f. brown
05-8-2009 01:17 AM
Steve,
I don't think Dwaynes really cares. Kodak has produced the last 20,000 rolls of K-64. Afetr it's gone, it's gone. Don't expect any help from Dwaynes. Besides, Fuji Provia is better. Get some and try it out.
david f. brown
05-8-2009 01:14 AM
Kodakchrome is dead. Get over it everyone. I recently purchased a brick and shot it after five years of using Fujichrome. There is no comparison. Fuji is better, sharper, crisper, clearer and cheaper. A&I processes it in Hollywood, CA. Today's K-64 is mud compared to to the colors of just ten years ago. After I shoot up my remaining K-64, I'll be doen with Kodachrome and Kodak.
A-10 LOADER
04-26-2009 04:55 PM
I would like to know if the UK shooters are still able to get their slides processed with Kodak mounts and boxes? If so, how are you accomplishing this? Did Kodak not close their processing outlets in the UK? I was under the impression that Dwaynes was the only place that still developed slides.

Steve
egarim
04-23-2009 09:27 AM
Kodak UK FAQ site regarding Kodachrome:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/7010/6994/1095/6879&pq-locale=en_GB&_loopback=1

egarim
04-23-2009 09:23 AM
Address in Europe to send your Kodachrome for development (by Dwaynes Photo)

Kodak SA
Laboratoire KODACHROME
Case Postale
CH-1001 Lausanne
Switzerland

04-22-2009 10:12 PM
Dwaynes is still going to process Kodak film but, you have to send it to Dwaynes through a Kodak processing outlet. We in the US can' t do this anymore because as of late March, Kodak closed all their outlets. We need to have Dwaynes approach Kodak and ask them to allow Dwaynes to use their mounts and boxes for ALL Kodak film that comes in to them from here on out.

Steve

04-22-2009 10:04 PM
Here is the mailing address for Dwaynes:

Dwaynes Photo
P.O. Box 274 / 415 South 32nd Street
Parsons, Kansas 67357
U.S.A.

Their website is dwaynesphoto.com

Steve
egarim
04-22-2009 06:53 PM
Received today from Kodak UK (request for info sent to Kodak Lousanne):

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

I can confirm there is no truth in the rumours that we will stop processing Kodachrome film at Dwaynes. Is business as normal and all films sent through Kodak will be returned in the usual branded cardboard slide mounts & 3 compartment branded slide boxes.

Regards,

Chris Mayo
Consumer Support Manager EAMER

Kodak Limited (UK)
Boundary Way
Hemel Hempstead HP2 7YU

04-22-2009 04:23 PM
Does anybody know the correct E-Mail address for
Dwaynes plus also (if lnown) Kodak in Switzerland
as the all the ones i have sent have been returned
as 'addresse unknown'